What if there was a real life invitation to a lifetime of unexpected destinations and adventure? What if your faith was the key? In her warm, conversational way, Proverbs 31 author Suzie Eller shows how your faith is just that. How when you take a step away from uncertainty, the to-do list, the busy life, the worries and excuses, you take a step toward the One who promises to delight and surprise. Who brings you deeper than you ever thought possible. 2000 years ago, 12 men answered the call to follow a man they hardly knew – and they were changed in ways they never imagined. Today that same invitation echoes across history, beckoning you to an adventure that will spill into every aspect of your faith and life. “Come with me.” Will you say yes?
I love the way the material was presented in Come with Me. Each chapter was displayed in sections that made the book relatable and easy to follow. Sometimes understanding how Bible stories apply to us personally can be difficult. From the very start, Suzie presented these stories in a way that I could apply to my own life. I enjoyed reading her trials, difficulties and triumphs. They gave me hope and peace in knowing that I am not alone in this walk. Suzie, along with tons of other people have the same struggles as I do. But not all hope is lost! This was a wonderful reminder about the importance of following Jesus. He will always guide and direct our paths.
The chapters were all outlined as follows. Again, I loved this layout. It allowed time for thought, prayer, study and application.
- Main text – Suzie not only shared the Bible stories, but stories about herself and others that showed real life application. This was the meat of the chapters.
- Taking it Deeper – this section provided verses to study and thought provoking questions. I find its always good to rethink about what I’ve just read. Just another way to keep what I’ve learned inside.
- Scripture – an applicable Bible verse
- Prayer – Suzie offers advice in how we should pray about the topics presented
- Living As a Disciple – how we can apply this chapter to our daily lives
I recommend this to anyone, whether you think you are following Christ, or you need help in that direction. We can all use growth in our Christian walk, and this is a wonderful tool to help us. If you are particular about your Bible version, I recommend having it on hand (I prefer KJV) so that you can compare the verses that are provided. Thank you Suzie for sharing your story!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for an honest review which I have given.