Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.abakersperspective.com. A Baker’s Perspective is owned and operated by Jessica Baker.
An affiliate link simply means I have a relationship with the seller and if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through to that seller, I will earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you but every little bit helps pay the operating costs of this site. I’m not here to make a fortune guys! Just pay for the services needed to keep this blog running 🙂
A Baker’s Perspective participates in the DaySpring Affiliate Program and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. An affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by displaying advertising and linking to retail sites. While I often provide links to items as part of my reviews, I will not recommend that you purchase a book or other product just so I can get a percentage back. My perspective (review) is always my honest opinion, and you are always free to decide which products you purchase (if any) and from where you purchase them. The ads show items that DaySpring and/or Amazon is offering and I am excited about, although I may not have necessarily purchased the item yet. You are free to make whatever purchases you want from there! See, it’s that easy!
Other links (Goodreads, other retailers, authors, publishers, publicists, etc.) are not affiliate links and will generate no income for A Baker’s Perspective.
Disclosure of Material Connection
I often receive free books (whether egalleys, ARCs, or paperbacks) from publishers, authors, and publicity groups in hopes of an honest review. I am not required to write a positive review, nor any review for that matter. The opinions I express are always my own. Reviews of books which I received free in anticipation of a review will be indicated as such at the end of that particular post. Otherwise, the book was part of my personal collection or borrowed from a library or a friend. I am never paid for a review that appears on this site!
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Each giveaway is open ONLY to those who enter through the Rafflecopter form I provide, and who are 18 years or older as of the date of the entry. The giveaway is open to U.S. only (unless otherwise indicated), and is void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Giveaway Period: Giveaway entry periods will vary, but will be disclosed either on the blog page, or the rafflecopter form. Entries will be accepted on the day the contest begins until the Rafflecopter form closes to entries, usually at midnight EST on the giveaway end date.
- How to Enter: See Eligibility Terms.
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize or prizes as stated on the blog. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the sponsor. NO cash or other prize substitution will be permitted except at sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including (without limitation) any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. NO substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of each giveaway will be selected in a random drawing through Rafflecopter, or other giveaway software. The winner or winners will be notified via email as soon as possible after the giveaway ends. The winner will have one week to notify the sponsor and supply his/her mailing address. A Baker’s Perspective or its sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to check email, receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings, or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless A Baker’s Perspective and its sponsors for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim of damage that may occur (directly or indirectly), whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you subscribe to A Baker’s Perspective blog, we will keep your email address on file indefinitely. We will not share your email address with anyone.
Winning a Prize
Sometimes A Baker’s Perspective will run a giveaway on this website. During this giveaway, we may collect your name, email address and mailing address with the sole purpose of awarding you your prize. At times we may need to share this information with an author or publisher who is running the giveaway. These are the ONLY times your information will be shared with others, and only if you win.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
The only time we will share personal information with an outside party is if you have won a prize through A Baker’s Perspective. This information will only be shared with the author or publisher running the giveaway, and will not be done so without your permission.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Please know that you can unsubscribe from A Baker’s Perspective at any time. We will not force you to continue to receive updates about the blog! Just know that you might be missing out on some fun material, great giveaways, and tons of wonderful books!